Robert Wharton, Esquire
- Head of Legal Department at CerebralPalsyGuidance.com
- Law Degree from Baylor University School of Law
- Founder of Wharton Law firm, a firm dedicated to cerebral palsy and birth injury cases
- Selected multiple times as a “Super Lawyers – Rising Star”
Attorney Robert Wharton’s career in law began with his studies at Florida State University. After graduation he was awarded a full scholarship to attend the Baylor University School of Law. Here he learned about and prepared for a career in trial advocacy, bringing his focus to helping those clients who most need an advocate on their side.
Robert is the head the legal department at CerebralPalsyGuidance.com and is responsible for making sure families have access to the best possible legal representation. His entire legal career has been focused exclusively on helping families and individuals harmed by negligent actions. He has never represented companies or corporations. Instead, he advocates for those who do not have the resources or abilities to fight for themselves.
He started the Wharton Law Firm to represent these kinds of vulnerable clients, those harmed and injured by negligent companies. Wharton’s focus is on medical malpractice, cerebral palsy and birth injury claims.
Awards and Achievements
Among his various awards and achievements, Robert has been selected multiple times as a “Super Lawyers – Rising Star”. Chosen for this honor in 2014, 2015, and 2016, it recognizes his high level of professional achievement and peer recognition in specific areas of legal practice. Just five percent of active attorneys are awarded this particular honor.
Robert also received the honor of being named a “Top 40 Under 40” lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers Association:
“Membership into the Top 40 Under 40 is by invitation only and is extended exclusively to those individuals who exemplify superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership as a young trial lawyer.”
His other awards, accomplishments, and recognitions include:
- Best of the Best in Medical Malpractice, an honor chosen by the Texas Lawyer’s Group
- Houstonia Magazine Top Lawyer for 2016
- Winning the largest nursing home verdict in Texas
- Winning one of the top 10 largest medical malpractice verdict in Texas
- One of the youngest attorneys selected as in the top one percent of trial counsel in Texas for medical malpractice
Robert is a member of the Texas State Bar, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, and the American Association for Justice. He is licensed to practice law before all federal and state courts in Texas as well as the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Family and Charity
In his personal life, Robert treasures family. His wife Amanda is also a practicing lawyer who works in downtown Houston. When he is not advocating and fighting for clients around the country, Robert most enjoys spending time with Amanda, hiking, biking, and playing with their dogs. He and Amanda also support local and national charities, including the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.